The boyfriend is basically addicted to these biscuits.
He rants and raves about eating them, nearly getting me to go to Red Lobster just so he could have some. I knew that the only thing I could do to avoid going out to eat on our limited budget, was to make him his Red Lobster Biscuits.
Easier thought than done.
It took me multiple attempts to get the taste right. And I was using whole wheat flour (just for added nutrition or whatever).
The end product came out so amazing, The Boyfriend ate my whole final batch in ONE DAY!
So here y’all go! Vegan Red Lobster Biscuits.
Go Vegan Y’all!
- 2 cups whole wheat Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp distilled white Vinegar
- ½ cup Earth Balance Butter, melted
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ cup Follow Your Heart Cheddar Shreds
- For the topping
- 3 tbsp Earth Balance Butter
- 1½ tsp Parsley, dried
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. In a glass, mix together the Almond Milk and Vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl combine Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Garlic Powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the Almond “Buttermilk” and Butter. Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well. Add in the water if the batter is too thick. Fold in Cheese, carefully.
- Scoop batter onto a parchment or silicon lined baking tray using a ¼ cup scoop..
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Whisk together the butter, parsley and Garlic Powder, in a small bowl. Brush the tops of the biscuits with it.