I love Pasta Salad. You can have it all in a cool summer salad. Especially good after a busy Saturday or Sunday.
I use to buy boxed pasta salads but always thought they were too salty or there was just enough for a side dish. I started making my own when I saw a show where a woman who was a vegetarian made dinner every night in less than 30 minutes. I was jealous. I love to cook but there are those times that the quick meal is a good thing. This especially true on hot days, when school starts, and the week before Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- ¾ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 pkg Onion Soup mix, dry
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped into small bites
- 1 pkg Aidells Chicken and Apple Sausage (I buy mine at Sam's), slice into ¼ rounds.
- 1 (12 oz) pkg of Tortellini with cheese pasta (Fresh or Dried)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Poke sausage and put in an oven proof pan.
- Put in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to the package directions
- In a bowl mix all the sauce ingredients together
- In a very large bowl put cooked pasta, spinach, artichokes and sliced sausage.
- Mix well
- Add the sauce and stir all together and serve
It was through trial and error that I came up with this recipe. I had to take in consideration a few truths about my family. My husband did not like oil and vinegar dressing pasta salads as much as those with a creamy dressing, my sons did not like raw onion and my daughter wanted more vegetables (years before she chose to be a vegan). This was when I started to derive this recipe. I hope your family loves it as much as mine.
Best served with a white wine and crusty bread.