Growing up on the Gulf Coast you can not escape dealing with the shrimp.
In the spring and summer there are guys parked on the side of the road selling these creatures by the pound. It is one of the abundance of the gulf coast. At 8 years of age you are incorporated into the washing, sifting, cleaning and disposing of shrimp waste. I spent hours working with my dad cleaning the little critters. I think it is a skill you could add to a resume.
I am not sure where I picked up this recipe. Over the years grilling, BBQ and smoking shrimp has become a fad. I did this over this Holiday weekend to remind the husband it is not all about beef and ribs. It is a nice addition to a BBQ and reminds us that shrimp can be included.
- 1 lb Shrimp, Heads off and shell still on.
- 1 cup Store Bought BBQ sauce
- 1 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Dill Weed
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Sriracha Sauce, to taste
- Mix in a sauce pan BBQ sauce, Italian Dressing and Bourbon together.
- Cook on low for around 10 minutes.
- Add Lemon, Dill and Worcestershire Sauce.
- In a Bowl put shrimp and sauce together.
- Refrigerate for a minimum 4 hours to a maximum of 12 hours
- Cooking Instructions:
- Heat your Grill
- Skewer shrimp and cook over the Grill for 3 minutes on each side.
- Take remaining marinade and put into a sauce pan and add sriracha.
- Boil till you reduce the marinade.
- Serve with Grilled Shrimp.