Growing up, my momma always had curry in and on top of her deviled eggs. That was how I knew and loved them to be. They had always been made that way, and that was how I thought they were always done.
But apparently not.
A few years ago, I tried “regular” or deviled eggs with paprika in them instead. I was not impressed. They were lacking in flavor and just not my cup Earl Grey.
So my take on potato salad stems from those deviled eggs of my childhood. Those delicious curried-yolk filled
chicken periods (I mean) egg whites.
My momma has her own (Bacon Cheddar Potato Salad) that she swears by. And, although I remember how delicious that was, once upon a time. I have my own that I swear by.
What is summer time without a refreshingly cold potato salad, anyway? I would not know. I’ve never not had potato salad in the summer. It has always been there. And i am sure it will always be there.
This recipe will probably knock your socks off… Okay that exaggerating, but I promise it is really delicious. Even my boyfriend who is not curry’s favorite fan, LOVES this recipe. He even eats it on a sandwich to take to work.
Go Vegan Y’all!
- 3 medium sized potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 can Great Northern Beans
- ½ c Water
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Vegan Mayo
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- ½ Onion shredded
- ½ Zucchini, chopped (optional)
- Wash and peel the Potatoes and cut them into bite sized pieces.
- Boil the potatoes on the stove until fork tender.
- Drain the Beans and pour them into a blender. Blend with Water.
- Then add in the Garlic Powder, Curry, Salt, Sugar and vegan Mayo. Blend until well combined.
- When the potatoes are finished, drain them and add them to a bowl. Add in the chopped up Celery and Carrot, Zucchini and the shredded Onion. Mix well.
- Lastly, add in the Bean sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!