In the fall I would make a Bacon wrapped Chicken Thigh and cooked Apple recipe. This was simple and tasty. The only comment that I would get is that the boys wished it had more pepper or something spicy in it. I did not realize that fall food leaned on sweet and comfortable food. Chicken and Dumplings and Pot Roast were good but not like spring and summer food that was spicy, sweet, juicy and boy/men exciting.
This was a reality check as I was subconsciously cooking this way for years.
The boys were always good eater in warmer weather and dragged on the traditional meals. That was when the epiphany came to take my Bacon wrapped Chicken Thighs and make them sweet and spicy. I have experimented with this and found this recipe to be child, man, women, grand parent and preacher friendly.
It is so good that it is requested often to be made and for the recipe. It is now my favorite potluck recipe because it is very easy and a crowd pleaser.
- 16 slices of Bacon
- 8 Chicken thighs, cut in half
- 1-1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- ⅛ cup Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Line a Cooking Tray with Tin Foil
- Wrap each half of chicken thigh with a piece of bacon
- Mix Brown sugar and Creole seasoning in a bowl
- Add a tablespoon to 1-1/2 Tbsp to the top of each chicken packing it down with the back of the spoon.
- Cook in the oven for 45-55 minutes.
Don’t forget to subscribe for our Newsletter and receive our fancy-Schmancy shopping list, Texas style.